We applaud your commitment to reducing your environmental impact – Switch to Solar! The Canadian Government has launched a new program to help achieve your goals. As part of this initiative, you have access to:
- up to $600 for a home evaluation and expert advice so you can begin to plan your retrofits
- up to $1,000 total for batteries connected to photovoltaic systems
- up to $5,000 total to help you make energy efficiency retrofits to your home
Pre-approval is required. Please review the following steps and complete your registration details today!
- To confirm your eligibility for the grant program, you must register in advance through the Canada Greener Homes website. Select a Service Organization when registering (we recommend City Green if available).
- Contact the Service Organization to book your evaluation.
- Have an authorized energy advisor complete a PRE-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation; ensure your Solar Panel upgrade and/or Batteries connected to Photovoltaic systems are included in the evaluation.
- Complete at least one retrofit that is contained in your energy advisor evaluation that is both eligible and recommended.
- Have your energy advisor complete a POST-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation to verify at least one upgrade listed in the evaluation is complete.
- Provide and keep copies of all documents and receipts related to your retrofit-upgrades until March 31, 2028.
As a trained and licensed electrical contractor, approved for solar installations, Viridian Energy Cooperative will provide a completed Contractor Attestation confirming your installation has been completed. Your energy advisor will upload before and after photos for you.
Additional information, eligibility criteria, and resources are available on the Government of Canada website at Canada Greener Homes Grant. You may also contact a BC Energy Evaluation company; find
one near you!
Local Renewable Energy Solutions: At Viridian Energy Cooperative, our team of Red Seal Electricians, Designers and Technicians, are best suited to provide custom assessments, design, installation, and consulting services for your particular property.